Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DIY Rosette Paper Wreath

  I made this wreath for Valentine's day this year, but I think it is perfect for a girls room.   It is very easy to make, but definitely time consuming rolling all the roses.  However, I think it was worth it!  It made me happy when it was all done. 




Fill in entire wreath.  Then I added little rhinestones to the centers and inked the edges with some pink dye. Very subtle.
I am so happy with how it turned out and think it will even look cute in my girl's room after Valentines Day.





It was so much fun that I am making another more vintage version.  Maybe I will post it too when I am all finished.  All the paper I used for this wreath came from Three Bugs In A Rug.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

What do you mean by Inked the edges?

Melissa said...

Hi Kayla- I just used a brown ink pad and brushed over the edges to age and define them a little bit. Some people call it muddying, antiquing, etc. Sometimes I have used an eyeshadow or sponge paint brush with a little ink on it to get into small cracks of spaces in the paper. Hope this clarifies that a bit! :)
Thanks!