Friday, September 2, 2011

Seven Seas Birthday Banner

I posted my son's Seven Seas Birthday Party on Oopsey Daisy, but  I wanted to show this banner in better detail. I just love the colors in this paper.
S.S. CHASE 7 





The Under the Seas paper is from 3 bugs in a rug. The only exception is the blue/white striped paper for the letters, which actually came from their Bake Me a Cake line.  But I loved how bright and beachy it looks.  I used the Base Camp cartridge to cut out the letters on my cricut.  I used the Accent Essentials cartridge for my cricut to cut out the circles and suns.  I lightly painted chopsticks and cut them down for the sail boats.  The miniature banner flags are an element with the Under the Sea scrapbook paper. I tied them with rope (about $2.50 for large spool @ Hobby Lobby).  I could get 3 pennants cut out of each 12x12 sheet of paper.  I could have gotten 4, but I wanted all the stripes vertical.

This was a super fun banner to create.  These banners are fairly easy and quick to make and sure add a special, personal touch to the birthday.  :)

No comments: